30 October 2017

I Met a Buyer's Remorse Trump Voter in Costco.





I Met a
Buyer’s Remorse Trump Voter in Costco.


Y2k17.10.29


Getting to
know you, getting to know all about you…


___________________________________________
The King and I


Ever since our country was attacked
on election day, and ever since the Putin puppet was installed into our
hallowed White House, I’ve been a walking protest sign here in Staten Island
and any place else I travel to in NYC. When I travelled by train recently to
Florida, I made sure to wear one of my Obama tee shirts. I want the world to know
how much I despise Birther Dotard Donald and what he and his fellow traitors
are trying to do to my precious country. For the most part, people love my
shirts. I get total strangers who want to take pictures with me. And yet, in
the back of my mind, I know that somewhere out there, someone is going to
approach me who has a very different attitude about my wardrobe, someone who
happens to love the creep who has been flushed into our lives. It takes a lot
of compliments to keep me going in my small protest, but it will take one stab
wound, one head trauma, or one shove in front of an oncoming subway train, to
end my protest forever. Realizing this, I am never smug about putting myself
out there as I’ve been doing in a city that can kill you. So, when I met a
fellow shopper, a large hulking gentleman, in Costco on Staten Island, I
thought that this was it. My time has come to be a martyr for my country under
attack. But then, something twisty “Twilight Zone” happened. “I love your
shirt,” the gentleman said.


I thanked him and was surprised to
learn that this was a buyer’s remorse Trump voter in person who simply voted
for the turd because he could not stand Hillary Clinton. I didn’t waste his
time trying to tell him that as much as he hated the latter, voting for trump
was like voting for the other side of the blood moon, but he went on with his
worries about his 401k. The GOP, except for succeeding in stealing a supreme
court seat, have accomplished nothing legislatively and are now trying to push
their so-called tax reform which, as usual, is designed to screw the rest of us
while enriching the 1%. Birther Dotard Trump continues to deny that any 401k’s
will be touched and that the people who have them will be able to continue to
pay into them as they have always done. I know that everything coming out of
Trump’s sewer and spilling out of his GOP are nothing but lies. Only the
fanatic Trumpists believe everything the creep says, but that day, I was lucky
enough to meet a disgruntled Trump voter who was far more intelligent and far
more perceptive then those who swallow Trump’s malignant lies hook, line, and
used toilet tissue.


This gentleman may have voted for a
slime ball, but now he is realizing how much the creep is going to hurt him and
in turn our country. I believe that there could be hundreds if not thousands of
people across our country like him who voted for the monster and are now waking
up, and will make their voices known.


The last thing I wanted to do was
to lecture this person. I freely admitted that I too have made mistakes in my
vote in the past. I shamefully admitted that I voted for both Nixon and Reagan,
but I’ve repented of these sins and have now committed myself to voting liberal
whenever I can. I also told him that both of us should, in any event, feel
proud that, at least, we voted and took a stand.


We bid each other farewell with me
hoping that nothing untoward happens to his hard-earned savings, and we went
our separate ways, out into our country, now torn by war and by occupation,
except now, the two of us, from opposite sides of the political spectrum,
sharing each other’s pain.

No comments: